2.12.2011 | By: sanitymochas

Catching Up

I wish I had some fabulously romantic reason for neglecting my duties as a blogger; unfortunately I do not. In fact, I might have an even duller reason for not checking in with you more often than you might expect. The true reason for my non-blogging is inexplicable. The only hint of an excuse I can come up with is it seems as though the exact same twenty four hour day I've been living my entire life has simply become an insufficient period of time in which to accomplish all the tasks that need to be tended to. And although the last few weeks have been highly unproductive, I will tell you that several almost life changing things have occurred. 

#1--My barn owner/manager/glue-that-holds-the-place-together was riding her four year old palomino reining prospect when something still yet to be determined set him off, and he flipped over backwards on top of her. To make matters worse, he then decided to roll off and then back on top of her in attempt to get back on his feet. Yeah... She has a broken pelvis, four broken ribs, and several hematomas in her stomach. I can guarantee that whoever said riding horses wasn't a sport had never experienced it for themselves.

#2--I offered to help the same barn owner/manage/glue-that-holds-the-place-together's husband, who is not a horseman, keep things in order while she was in remission. She's an invalid for goodness sake! 

#3--The same barn owner/manager/glue-that-holds-the-place-together offered me a full time job permanently, since apparently she appreciates my work ethic. This entails being up, shining, and ready to start chores at 4:40AM and back again at 4:00PM to feed, muck, etc, etc all over again. Call me crazy, but I did the happy dance when she offered me the position. Not only do I need the job, I love the job. Okay, the 4:40AM part is not ideal, but I'm a Walker; I can take it!  (Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood )

#4--In order to keep my sanity, I drink mochas, right??? Here's the sad thing: mochas are not really in the budget right now, so I have resurrected my old sanity keeping method, baking. You know, there is something truly fabulous about working hard at something complicated for a really long time and then be able to see immediate benefits of your effort. Hence, the high I recieved after spending hours baking and icing my red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Or how about my angel food cake with seven-minute frosting? Or those delicious strawberry cupcakes with strawberry meringue butter cream icing? Okay, so I'm admitting my best friend is right for once... I am a domestic goddess.

#5--I've decided to forgo the novel writing business for now. There has been some people that have said that my foregoing is just a substitute word for quitting. They're wrong. I just have decided writing without inspiration is worse than not writing at all. 

#6--I have realized just how obsessive compulsive I really am. For instance, I wrote 85,000 words in less than two months. Now I don't write at all. I read twelve novels in one month. Now I'm half way through three. I'm baking up a storm, when a month ago I saw that hobby as an aspect of the past. The only thing that has held my undivided love and attention for years and years is my passion for horses. It is my belief that I inherited this compulsiveness from my mother's mother. Thanks, Grandma.

Summary: I have a job, am baking, not writing, and have realized I'm a compulsive freak :) I love my life.

And you'll just have to wait for number seven, as it hasn't happened yet. But, it will. Did you know the number seven is a sign of completeness? So see, something, yes something, is still missing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I am always right :)
bffl

sanitymochas said...

Of course you are. ;) Love you, Sista!

Post a Comment