10.14.2010 | By: sanitymochas

Hibernation Mode

There is something about cooler weather that brings about a change in everyone. For instance, I am not one to eat frivolously, but now that I am in the house for a significant part of the day, I seem to be eating everything in sight! After I noticed a small amount of weight gain, I slammed on the brakes and ate only the bare essentials until I slimmed back down. That was about a week ago. Now I have officially gotten into 'fall mode,' and I discovered my blanket, sweaters, and lounge pants. Attractive, right? The good news is that you can't tell five pounds difference in weight in winter clothes! Yes! I'm saved! According to this new found discovery, I have gone on a baking spree and made a batch of turtle brownies. If I do say so myself, they are FABULOUS... and highly addictive! It seems like every time I walk into or through the kitchen they call my name and say, "Eat me! I am moist and gooey and you looovvvee me!" The depressing thing is that I cave to their pleas every time. How can I deny their chocolate drop eyes? I suppose it's all part of the hibernation mode that every person I know of tends to lean towards when the days get nippy. You begin to randomly crave brownies and chili (both of which I ate today). My old trainer was by far the worst hibernator I have ever known. About the first of November he wouldn't show his face in the barn without a very good reason, and on these rare occasions he was always adorned in the warmest clothes available and a coffee mug in tow. By the first of May when we all would shed our layers and show up in t-shirts, it was surprising to see how skinny we were! We got used to seeing each other in a Carhartt's and fluffy hats; in short we all looked like pumpkins. Strangely enough, I am not dreading the winter months are vehemently as I have in years past. I've already dug out my Carhartt... just in case. Plus, the cold gives me a really good reason to drink more coffee! A girl's got to stay warm, right?

2 comments:

That Guy said...

Its been FOREVER since you put up a blog!!! But after reading this and your other blog it was worth the wait. And I know what you mean when you talk about packin on weight in the fall and winter. I've add 7 pounds!!! UGH!! Awesome blog Sanity Mochas.

-Peanut Butter-

Carey said...

Yo. Where are the blogs, lady? ;)

Post a Comment