11.09.2010 | By: sanitymochas

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

What a gorgeous day! The sun is out and there is not a cloud in the sky. I emerged hesitantly from the house this morning, expecting to get hit by a burst of frigid air. What a pleasant surprise it was to find that I didn't even need a jacket! Everything looks full of life and I'm soaking up every instant of the warm weather, dreading the inevitable winter that is coming all too quickly.

I was shopping in Sam's Club the other day, and I couldn't help but notice how many people were already wearing Uggs! In the middle of December you would expect to see 95% of the female population wearing the all too expensive boots, but the first week in November? Shocking.

I am one of those people that will deny winter until the first decent snow. No coat. No hat. No mittens. Nope. "It's warm outside!" I say, while inwardly I'm about to freeze. The reality is simple: I'm a hot weather person. About April 1st I start digging out the shorts and flip flops (I freeze then too). During the entirety of the summer I lavish in the sweaty, balmy days, and my beautiful best friend nearly dies in the heat. However, once I finally admit that it is indeed winter, I'm bundled like an Eskimo, and she prances around in a light weight sweat shirt. In my opinion, our reactions are both slightly extreme. We make for quite a pair. ;)

Don't get me wrong; the seasons are beautiful. But winter? Why, oh why, of all things to be asked to endure, winter? I have to keep reminding myself that winter makes me appreciate the summer even more than I already do. That doesn't mean that I won't keep valiantly fighting against the reality that the bitter weather is coming, it just means that I will be very happy indeed when April 1st rolls around.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha love it :) so true

bbfl

Post a Comment