11.03.2010 | By: sanitymochas

Ready? Set. Go!

NaNoWriMo. Ever heard of it? Yeah, me neither... until yesterday. It is a national writing competition in which the entire goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Anyone who finishes gets published. My initial reaction was as follows: These people are crazy! No one could do that. Well...it turns out I am a complete hypocrite, because I AM PARTICIPATING!!! That's right! I am writing a novel in exactly 27 days! A part of me is still thinking this is insane, but most of me is ecstatic. According to my calculations, that is approximately 2000 words a day, with two days for editing. It is going to be a particular challenge for me, a perfectionist, because I have to get it through my thick skull that I need to focus on quantity, not quality. I have already written my first 2000 pages. Ugh. My brain is on overload and all I have written is the prologue and the first chapter. It's going to be a long hall, but it will be so worth it! Once I get an idea through my head, it takes a pretty significant event to get it out. This is so firmly implanted in my head that I'm not sure anything could get it out. My novel is going to be fabulously complex and thrilling to read (I hope). Stay tuned for sneak peeks! (:

2 comments:

Carey said...

You're doing great with this!!!

Anonymous said...

good luck!
bbfl

Post a Comment