3.27.2011 | By: sanitymochas

Bubbly

You know what's really sad? Smelling like Orbit Bubblemint.

Yep, the gum.

Why, you might ask, do I smell like Bubblemint?

Because, I tell you, the new Catwalk shampoo, which is supposed to be incredibly moisturizing for curly hair, smells like Bubblemint.

You know what's even more sad? Smelling, if only faintly, of horse 24/7.

For the last eight years, I have kept a strict rule that when I come home from the barn, I shower immediately. I love the smell of a horse... in a barn. Not so much while I'm lounging around in sweat pants or sipping my Toffee Mocha. This rule has not changed, but for some reason the pungent smell of hay bales and sawdust have decided to lodge  themselves between my fingernails, at the very roots of my hair, and deep within the callouses of my hands.

Note that this is NOT a complaint. I love being at the barn everyday. I love hearing twenty horses munching happily at their breakfasts before I have my own. I love the simple pleasures in my life, the things that make me smile, the things that never change.

I love to cook. I love to bake even more. It is another thing that will never change. No matter what, if you follow the recipe, something delicious is bound to result.   

I HATE chocolate chips cookies. I do believe in the cookie monster. It's the thing that comes and flattens my chocolate chip cookies every stink'n time! It's the thing that interprets my cookies as pancakes instead.

Anywho, I think over the course of the last four months, I have baked/cooked almost everything imaginable. Baking has always proved to be highly therapeutic for me. It is when I do my best thinking.

But wouldn't you think I could have been programed to think while running? Or while engaging in some sort of exercise?

Having fresh produce, freshly baked goods, and at least one delicious meal constantly before my eyes has had a surprisingly undesirable affect on my lovely lady lumps. So I've decided. Only one batch of baked goods every week. That's a good place to start. But that darn raspberry truffle cake is calling my name... SILENCE!

Sigh. 

You know your life is officially dull when the voices in your head happen to be food items.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've tremendously enjoyed visiting your blog today. You are a gifted writer - gifted in a way that calls me to imagine I'm drinking that frappuccino and lost in the words before me. It is a very soothing style which I enjoy.

You share many similar interests with my college student - a love for horses, writing and baking. She completed NaNoWriMo in 2009 and couldn't write for a year. But now it's back and better than ever.

BTW, I hear food voices too :-) They fill my mind most of the day. I'm into soups now. It is a place where I can be very creative!

I look forward to getting your questions for your project!

sanitymochas said...

:) Thank you, Mrs. D.! Can't wait to hopefully meet you and your daughter, who by the sounds of your blog is a phenomenal young lady.

By the way, we should definitely swap recipes.

See you soon!

That Guy said...

How is smelling like bubblegum sad? That's awesome! I agree with Amy your writing is really great, and I was wondering if you were still alive cause its been almost 3 week since your last blog. lol

sanitymochas said...

Definitely alive; just busy smelling like Bubblegum and performing other mundane duties of womankind. ;)

Post a Comment