12.10.2010 | By: sanitymochas

Cleaning, Movie, Game


After an altogether depressing morning, I got up and embarked on a rather daunting task: cleaning the garage. Yes, a seemingly mundane task, but my garage is unlike any other. It is full of multiple boxes, shriveled up leaves, old furniture, and junk. It is also the home of S-Dog, your friendly neighborhood golden retriever, and H-Cat, who is very much under the impression that he is king of the forest… nuff said.

Since this area of my home is not one that I spend much time in, its state has not particularly bothered me up until now. The fact of the matter is, the snowy weather is 100% here, and I do not like scraping windshields when I know there’s another option… hence the afternoon being spent outside making trips to and from my garage to the shed, sorting through boxes. Ah, but the transformation was far from complete. I had yet to sweep out the piles of cat hair, dust, and half way rotten leaves, mixed with a blend of dog food and nails. I found myself asking the walls around me, “How in the world did all of this stuff get here?” It was absolutely DISGUSTING and then I thought about the last time I actually swept out the garage… yeah, I can’t remember. Sad, very sad.

The good news is I eventually and single handedly, I might add, liberated the garage’s spirit and triumphantly parked not only one car, but TWO! Inside!!! I was rather proud of myself.

Then, chilled to the bone, exhausted, and still slightly disheartened, I lied down in front of my favorite movie of all time, P.S. I Love You. While it is fantastically romantic, it is also very telling. Some refuse to watch it, claiming it to be too sad, but when you have pent up emotions, repudiating every urge to come out, it is the perfect fix. It is one of those movies that has you in tears one minute, and the next you’re giggling at the characters’ plight. My only question is where are all of these cute, singing Irishmen, waiting for their true love to come along? If you happen to find one sitting on the street, preferably blond, blued eyed, and 6” tall, send him my way!!! :) And now, sitting here pontificating that wonderful piece of Hollywood fiction, I can’t help but share with you the line that always sticks with me: “Alone or not, you’ve got to walk ahead. The thing you’ve got to remember is if we’re all alone, we’re together in that too.” So see, we are truly never alone.

And then we have the Chicago Bulls, for which I have previously been just a “tolerater”, not so much a fan. But then they turn around and BEAT the LA Lakers, who I have a strong disliking for, by four points and guess what? Suddenly I’m a Bulls fan! They literally played their hearts out, and defying all odds, won against the Lakers for the first time in four years! In my opinion Derek Rose is one of the best athletic point guards in the entirety of the NBA. And DANG, Deng!!! They’re amazing!

As you can tell, I’m a girl with strong opinions and a nighttime obsession with basketball. Thank you, Dad, for teaching me to love this sport. And now for the Heat! Let’s go, LeBron!

0 comments:

Post a Comment