12.08.2010 | By: sanitymochas

Winter's Wrath

The dreary winter's day is wasted
Upon those whose summer's warmth hath tasted.

How I long for the hot sultry days
When upon my skin the sun does blaze.

The same breezes that are welcomed in the heat
Become perils of bleakness we are forced to meet.

Imagine we escape to a bright, sandy world
Where no cutting blade of ice comes to meet us in a swirl.

There is sunshine and hope,
Making it impossible to sit home and mope.

People run and play and laugh
Enjoying every moment in the day's behalf.

Then we come back from this dream to find
The earth still cold, ruthless, and unkind.

There is nothing but another day of winter's wrath.
One day closer to the end of this season's monotonous path.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really good poem, I liked it alot. I do to hate the winter. I wish it was shorter and summer was longer, cause in the winter you can't do anything but drink hot coco and coffee.

sanitymochas said...

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the sun would shine once in a while! And I suppose the coffee part of winter isn't that bad....

Post a Comment