12.03.2010 | By: sanitymochas

A Short Note to Someone Special

I never dreamed of this sorrow.
I never thought I'd have reason to lament.
I hoped I'd never know heartbreak.
How I wish I could change the way things went.
I wanted nothing but goodness.
I wanted reason to prevail,
not this bare emptiness.
I wanted days of plenty.


But I refuse to feel tragic.
I am aching for more than pain and grief.
There has got to be meaning,
Most of all when a love has been so brief. 
I have got to learn something.
How can I give you any less?
I want life to go on.
I want days of plenty.



You have to believe there was reason for us.
You have to believe that the answers will come.
You can't let this defeat you.
I won't let this defeat you.
You must fight to keep me there, within you.
So believe that we mattered,
And believe that we always will.
I will always be with you.
I'll be part of the days you've yet to fill.
I will live in your bounty.
I will live as you carry on your life.
So carry on,
Full of hope.
I'll be there
For all your days of plenty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment